Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fun at SQL Saturday - SQL 2008 RC0 on Subscriber Downloads

First things first.  I had a blast at SQL Saturday in Orlando, and finally putting face to the names I interact with on the SQL Forums, namely Kent Waldrop and Arnie Rowland.  I also ran into some old friends from a previous job, as well as members of the Tampa SQL Users Group which was fun as well.

Now for the big news from the event, SQL 2008 Release Candidate 0 is now available on the MSDN Subscriber Downloads.  You must have an MSDN Subscription at this point to download it, but this is supposed to change in the next day or two.  I am downloading it now, and will be updating my slide decks for my June 17th presentation to the Tampa Users Group on the Manageability Features new to 2008. 

The overviews provided at the SQL Saturday event were exciting and I can't wait to play with it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment